Just a fun, easy way to share my recipes with friends and family. Enjoy!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Catching Up

I have had "writer's block" with my blog lately.  I guess I just haven't cooked much that I felt was worth the time to post on here, but I made up for it in the last couple days.  

Yesterday we had Care Group after church and I needed a quick and tasty dessert.  I searched the web and found a recipe for cookie bars that looked really good. I don't usually like cookie bars.  I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, but cookie bars usually have a texture and flavor that just doesn't thrill me.  But these were great!  They were soft and had great flavor, and best of all, they were super easy. The pan was cleaned out at care group and the family requested more for our movie last night.

Today, I have the day off to spend with my kiddos on their spring break, and I woke up in the mood to bake. I had some fresh blueberries in the fridge and was dying to make something yummy with them. I came across a recipe for Blueberry Corn Muffins and was intrigued. Another great recipe! It gave us something a little different from the norm and I thought they were yummy!



Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars




1 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
11.5 oz bag chocolate chips (I have a big bag from Sam's, so I used 2 cups)

Heat oven to 350, and lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.

Mix the butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.

Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt, stir until completely blended.

Fold in the chocolate chips.

Spread into the pan, and bake for 25-27 minutes,(I baked them for 20, so they would be really soft) or until light golden brown on top. Cool and cut into squares.



Blueberry Corn Muffins


1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1 cup half & half
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained

Preheat the oven to 400º F and spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. In a medium bowl, combine flour, corn meal, sugars, baking powder and salt and set aside. In a small bowl, hand mix egg, half & half, canola oil, vanilla until combined. Add to dry ingredients and combine so that it comes together, being careful, not to over mix. Fold in the blueberries. Evenly distribute batter in muffin pan.  Bake for 15-20 min, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment