Just a fun, easy way to share my recipes with friends and family. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oat Bran Pancakes

We are at my sister's house for the weekend. I wanted to make breakfast for everyone, but she and her husband are pretty health-conscious and have much healthier things in their pantry than what I'm used to, so I had to think outside of my box a little.

After searching the Internet I found this pancake recipe and it was awesome. All the kids gobbled them up and asked for more.

Oat Bran Pancakes
(adapted from http://www.cookingnook.com/oat-bran-pancake-recipe.html)

1½ cups milk
1 cup Quaker oats
¾ cup sifted all purpose flour
¼ cup oat flour or oat bran
2 tablespoons sugar (or equivalent in sugar substitute)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup melted butter or margarine(she only had the spray butter, so I used it and it tasted fine!)

Pour milk over oats and let stand for 5 minutes. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

Lightly stir eggs into oats mixture. Add dry ingredients and butter, stirring until combined.

Ladle in batches on to a greased or non-stick griddle or frying pan and cook until tops are bubbly and edges look cooked. Turn over and finish cooking the other side.







Niece, Ella enjoying the Pancake. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment