Just a fun, easy way to share my recipes with friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday!!

Well, I had a birthday on February 11th.  And, what does a foodie do to celebrate? That's right-EAT!  And eat, and eat, and eat....  

I just thought it would be fun to pay tribute to all my birthday food, and the wonderful people who made it. Hope you enjoy...

First of all, we celebrated at work, with Melissa's wonderful cupcakes.  I think I ate at least 7 with in a couple days.  They seriously were some of the best cupcakes I've had. 

*Please bear with me and my photography skills..still very much a work in progress!

Cappuccino Cupcakes with Double Shot Latte Buttercream frosting. 
My mouth is watering, just looking at this photo! Seriously!

Then on the day after my b-day, the real spoiling happened, since Rod had to work on the actual day.  He let me sleep in until 10:30 (he really is the best husband in the world!), and made his awesome pancakes, which I never get tired of. Then, on Sunday he made the cake he has made for me for the last few years.  It's my absolute favorite cake on the planet!

Rodney's Famous Pancakes. They're so fluffy! 


Rod's famous Coconut Cake. Heaven.  


On Saturday evening I got to "party" with my girlfriends.  This is always a highlight, because the girls really know how to do a birthday celebration.  They are all very good cooks and have great taste, so there is never a shortage on good food.  Oh, and the laughs and fun can't be beat either.

Sarah's Antipasto Platter.
Cucumbers are our favorite!


Sarah's Spa water. Herby and refreshing.




Dena's Goat Cheese and Sun dried Tomato Spread. 
(I think I ate half of it by myself)


Stephanie brought sushi from Moonlight in Liberty.  
Omgosh..I love this stuff!


Kayla's Brownies.  
Probably one of my favorite foods ever!



And last, but definitely not least..
Dena's Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream frosting.
Her buttercream is amazing!



Thank you, God for my amazing family and beautiful friends, who made my birthday weekend so incredible.  I am a blessed girl.

*just want to end with a few more photos from my little party, it was such a great night.  Thank you for indulging me...


The Girls, minus one..missed you, Lenaira!

Wonderful Italian red wine

Just trying something "artsy"



Good conversation :-)

The Hello Kitty compact they gave me



Thanks Girls!











No comments:

Post a Comment