Just a fun, easy way to share my recipes with friends and family. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Food and Comfort



"You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure and when I say nothing, I mean nothing. You can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. That's such a comfort."~Julie and Julia


This pretty much sums up how I feel about cooking.


I had the chance to get off work a little early today and instead of using that time to watch TV, or take a nap, I used it to cook.  I was in charge of dessert for a dinner for the teens at church and could very well have bought cookies or even a couple brownie mixes, but I decided to make my brownies and cookie bars from scratch.


I'm not telling you this to brag or sound like I'm super hard working and dedicated.


Not at all. 


I simply love it that much.  There is very little as satisfying to me as putting something together that is actually edible.  And there have been many times when that quote has been running through my head as I "slave" in my kitchen. Cooking is definitely comforting, relaxing and brings me lots of joy.


Hopefully that joy will rub off on you. Not that you have to love cooking as much as I do, but I do hope everyone can find what they do love and do it. 


And maybe make a few tasty recipes along the way. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment